The Brydons

Scotland to Canada

Places

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





St. Marys, Hawick


"St Mary’s Church, Hawick
There has been a church on this site for over 800 years, at one of the oldest parts of the town and the location of the original settlement of Hawick. The church was dedicated to the memory of the Virgin Mary in 1214 by the Bishop of Caithness. Rebuilding work took place in 1763, and after a fire destroyed most of the church except the clock tower, it was rebuilt in 1883. (Source: information board on site).
This was viewed from a cemetery at Wellogate Brae."


Owner/Source © Copyright Walter Baxter
Linked toSt. Marys, Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show